Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ghosts'n Goblins

One of my favorite games has to be Ghosts'n Goblins which needs no introduction. I have a couple of different versions as you will see but my favorite is the Mega Drive/Genesis version. I hear the SuperGrafx Version is really well done but I have not been able to play that one yet...


This is the NES and Famicon version as you can see. I'm still on the look out for the box and manual for the Famicon version but I can't complain when I paid 300 yen. 

This is the Mega Drive version of the game it's in really good condition and I got a great deal on it, I think I paid 1300 Yen. I really like this version I also like how Sega bought the license(because Nintendo had a Monopoly) and produced the game, they did a great job with it.

This is probably my favorite looking version this is the PS1 version. I really like how it looks like a book. This is the 2nd Volume of the Retro Capcom Collection. I also have Volume 1 which is 1941. This Version Came with Makaimura(Ghosts 'n Goblins), Dia Makaimura(Ghouls 'n Ghosts) and Cho Makaimura(Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts).

This is the inside of the PS1 version the manual is really well done but you cannot take it out of the case as its attached. The case is made out of hard cardboard.

These are 2 spinoff titles of the series. The first one is for the Game Boy it's called Makaimura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness it's and enhanced version of Gargoyle's Quest II for the NES/Gameboy

The other game has crazy long title Arthur to Astaroth no Nazomakaimura: Incredible Toons Capcom made this both for the Sega Saturn and the Playstation. I'm still looking for the PlayStation version. It's a puzzle game where you have to drop this ball on Astroth's head. It's pretty fun and if you get a chance to pick it up it's definitely worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment